Tuesday, May 12, 2015

That's my cigar...you'll steal another....

Awww, Newsies.  Such catchy lines and toe tapping music.  Awesome cult classic.  When they announced that it would be brought to Broadway I knew that it would eventually travel and come to LA and I would HAVE to see it.  That day came last April.

I got an email for pre-sale tickets and by the time I looked the selection was already minimal.  This was a very hot ticket.  We splurged and got really good seats and my parents drove down to go with us. 

The story line was slightly different and there were new songs and even the old songs had lines that were slightly tweaked (which made it hard to sing along too, you know in my head) but overall it was an excellent production.  The audience was very involved too which was a new experience for me.  There were standing ovations for songs other than the last one.  And all the fans went wild when Crutchy did a move that was in the movie (I have to admit I was one of them).  I highly recommend the show to anyone.

Their set was amazing because it would move to take on different shapes for different scenes.  They also projected images that helped move the story along.  The engineering of it was great.

The Pantages Theater is a really cool theater to visit.  If you havent visited, you must go to a show.

Afterwards we went to a bar called 33 Taps for dinner.  My parents had fish and chips which we all sampled and declared it was the best fish and chips we've ever had and Sean had the Jambalaya which he said was one of the bests he's ever had so this place definitely gets 2 thumbs up.

Living in the suburbs means we don't get to LA that often so I was happy for the excuse to go to Hollywood and have some fun for the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment