Sunday, July 21, 2013

Out with the Old, In with the New

I was driving home one day when all of a sudden my cars gauges started going up and down like crazy.  I immediately pulled into a gas station.  I turned off my car and called Sean.  I told him I just knew it was bad news.  When I tried to turn on my car again it didn't turn on.

We ended up having it towed to Valencia (from Eagle Rock!) and I took the next three days off of work to try to figure out what was wrong with my car.  After going in and out of the shop for a couple of days and after some new parts put in, they determined there was water in my engine and that it would cost several thousand dollars to fix.  My car was not worth that much money.  So we made the decision just to get a new car.

We were first wanting to get a small SUV but since I am commuting we decided that would be a waste of money.  We eventually decided on a Honda Accord.  I was selfish and really wanted some of the luxury elements so we got one of the higher end models of the Accord.

I love my new car!  I love the wine exterior color.  I love my sunroof and open it as much as I possibly can.  I love that my seat comes with a lumbar support that you can customize!  It has heated seats (not using those right now!) and the sound system is pretty decent.  It also has dual cooling zones which is probably the main reason why I wanted this version.  I am always having to close my vents when I drive with Sean because he gets hotter than me in the car.  Now we can control our own sides!

I was really sad to see my old car go.  It has treated me really well.  I remember driving it around Provo for the first time and thinking I was so cool.  I drove 80,000 miles on that car in 8 years.  That car took me across country 4 times.  I lived out of that car during my EFY summers.  Rest in peace Altima!

My old Nissan Altima

My new Honda Accord

1 comment: