Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dodger Dawgs

I have lived in LA for five years and I have never been to a Dodger game.    I've taken the time to drive all the way to Anaheim to go to an Angels  game (three times) but havent taken the time to hop right over to Elysian Park.    That could be partly because Sean is an Angels fan and not a Dodgers fan.  

I quickly learned that Sean really enjoyed baseball early on in our dating.  When he came to visit me in Boston we took a tour of Fenway Park and he about died and gone to heaven.  I remember when we were sitting in the Press Boxes, I looked over at him and he was all smiles.  For his birthday that year I bought a vintage California Angels Pennant and an antique  baseball glove {aren't I a great wife!;)}

So with a baseball fan of a husband and living within 35 minutes of the stadium, what does it take for us to get to a Dodger game?  Friends with free tickets of course!  They even  had the all you can eat tickets.  I totally loaded up on popcorn.  It was soooo good!





We of course went early for batting practice.  Sean came equipped with a glove but he didn't catch any.  Our friends caught about 6 so we got some of those balls.  Not the same. 




We went on Memorial Day so they had some cool things before the game.  They had wounded vets walk out on the field with the giant flag.  They had Buzz Aldridge throw out the first pitch.  And they had soldiers from Afghanistan via satellite say, Play Ball.  





A Dodgers game wouldn't be complete with out their famous Dodger Dogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment