Tuesday, June 2, 2015

8 Weeks To Go

I'm now in the single digits for how many weeks I have left.  I can't believe it!  Part of me feels this baby is going to be here before I know it and part of me thinks the last few weeks are going to DRAG!

32 Weeks!

I was a little pompous and thought that since I didn't experience the more uncomfortable symptoms of pregnancy in the beginning that I could last the whole pregnancy that way. Not quite true.

Almost like clock work, when I started my third trimester I started to get really uncomfortable.  I feel really huge and have to literally roll out of bed or off the couch (yeah I'm sure that can be entertaining to watch).  I've already had to lay my car seat back a few inches to accommodate my belly.  Anytime I sit I have to sit at an obtuse angle because anything 90 degrees or less just doesn't feel good with my big belly pushing against my chest. I also have had some muscle pains right below my ribs which I think are the organs pressing up (some people suggested it was baby but I don't think she's kicked in any one spot continuously to cause bruising).  To relieve the pain at the back of my ankles I've been walking around with sandals with a slight heel. 

Oh and the swelling has started.  Both my feet and my hands are becoming plumper.  There are more days than not that I no longer can wear my wedding ring.  Yep,  I'm going to have fat cankles by the end of this.  I'm doing my best to minimize the swelling by drinking tons of liquids, putting up my feet and even swimming but I have a sneaky feeling they're here to stay (at least till I give birth).

And boy oh boy have I been tired!  I didn't feel overtly tired during my 1st trimester so I wasn't used to the sensation.  But do I ever feel it now!  Just the other day I took two 2-hour naps, one at 9AM and one at 4PM.  And I was still able to go to bed at my regular time and sleep through the night (except, of course, for the obligatory bathroom run). 

Overall I still feel pretty good.  I'm definitely not at the point that I want it to be over.  I enjoy feeling and watching baby move.  She usually moves the most when Sean is around, he says its because she misses him.  We're excited for our baby shower this weekend because we feel like after that we can really start preparing for baby.  We've taken a childbirth education class which was not as cliche and awkward like we thought.  Overall, we're feeling pretty good about having baby join our family at the end of July!

They spent 5 minutes talking about swaddling babies.  They made everyone swaddle and change the diaper on the doll.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment