Friday, November 1, 2013

Chinatown City Race

We accomplished another City Race!  This time I called up my dad and asked if he wanted to join Sean and I with a race around Chinatown.  He agreed.  My mom came too, but we left her on a bench to people watch.  She was also our internet lifeline.

This race was unique because it was on the same day as the Moon Festival.  Chinatown was packed!  I really havent spent time in Chinatown so it was a very fun and new experience.  We ended up getting third but that was partly because the event planners didn't give us vital information for getting extra points.  


Here are a few of the clues we had to figure out.

Some of the clues are easy enough that you could just google them.

Other clues required you to actually go to places.

This race was a bit more interactive then the other ones I have participated in.  We had to figure out a clue that led us to an open market where we were to look for a certain individual.  That person ended up giving us incense that we took to a Buddhist temple.  Dad did the honors of lighting it before we received our next clue.  This was more like the Amazing Race then other challenges.  


Afterwards we were hungry for Chinese food.  So we left Chinatown and headed to Glendale.  :)  Even though we could have found someplace to each in Chinatown, we were itching to go back to one of our favorite restaurants, Panda Inn.  

In the end I believe my dad had a really fun time.  My mom had a great time people watching too.  There was plenty of it since the festival was going on at the same time.  As I always say after a race, I would highly recommend it.  I have so much fun on them!








No comments:

Post a Comment