Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cleopatra and New Years Eve

My new sister-in-law had new nephews she hadn't met so for the Christmas break she flew out to the East Coast to spend time with the new additions.  This left my poor brother to fend for himself during New Years Eve.  Being the ever so nice sister, I invited him to spend New Years Eve and Day with us.  I had heard about the Cleopatra exhibit at the California Science Center and learned it was in its last week at the museum.  I booked my tickets and we all drove down to Exposition Park.  I used to work at the Natural History Museum which is next door to the Science Center.  I hadn't been back in two years and I was amazed with what they've done to the area.  The museum has added on and there is a metro extending out past the museum.  The exhibit was pretty cool.  It focused on some underwater archaeology that has been done in recent years to better understand Cleopatra.  It was a great history lesson.





The evening consisted of games, pizza, crab, watching TV, and toasting with Martinellis. 

 


I've come to the conclusion that New Years Eve really isnt that big of a deal.  Unless I get invited to a party next year (which is unlikely) or I host a party (probably just as unlikely) than I am going to go to bed at my regular hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment