Sunday, April 22, 2012

We're Famous!

 Or at least our apartment is.

One of my shows that I watch is NCIS: Los Angeles.  It's part of the CBS Tuesday night lineup.  My mom texts me the night of the April 10th episode and says, "We are watching NCIS Los Angeles and they just went into an apartment that looked exactly like your old one.  Kitchen even had the same color tile."  I didn't think much of it because I knew several people who had our teal and yellow tile.  It could have been any apartment.

I watched it the following night on the DVR.  There was a scene when LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell go to an apartment.  The first shot of them I knew immediately it was MY apartment complex.  It was a shot on the drive way right next to our laundry room.  I texted my mom to tell her it WAS our complex and she says, Sure, how do you know?  She didn't believe me, but after living there for three years, you just know.




 Then fifteen minutes further into the show they go to another apartment and I was floored when it showed them walk up to the door.  It was OUR old apartment!  You could totally see the number 14 on the door.  I was so surprised that it was our vacant apartment.  We had just moved out.  I initially was super jealous thinking we just missed seeing these guys but then I realized that they probably only filmed there because the apartment was empty.  The end of the episode took place at Verdugo Park which was near our home.  The location scout was probably finding a place for some other scenes so they could keep production in the same area. 

What a small world.  A show that I enjoy watching was filmed in my apartment.  Crazy!

Santa Clarita is where they film the regular NCIS show which is my favorite out of the two.  Now if I could meet or see the cast of that show . . . maybe we'll get lucky since we now live here.




No comments:

Post a Comment