Thursday, March 15, 2012

Our New Home Part II

Here's the Rest of Our New Home!

Guest Bedroom-This room had a wallpaper strip going across the whole room.  We removed the wallpaper, removed one of the moldings and repainted.  We also put in brand new carpet throughout the entire upstairs.  It is so nice to have carpet again!  Boy, have my feet missed it!  My parents were generous and bought us a bed as a house warming gift.  That means we can have friends and family visit and stay in our home!  We are excited to be good hosts!  In the future we will add a nice bedspread with a matching window seat cushion. 








Computer Room-I actually liked the original blue in this room and it was what inspired me to paint three of my rooms blue (I wasn't kidding when I said I really liked the blue color downstairs).  I decided to go with a lighter blue though.  Unbeknownst to us, this room had wallpaper that the previous owners just painted over instead of removing.  It was a beast for our painter to take out but he did a great job!  For now this will be our computer room.  It's nice that we can both be on our computers in the same room instead of being in separate rooms like before.  Don't get me wrong, we do not spend all evening on our computers, but it came in handy when we were both using our searching skills to find the best flight to our family reunion this summer.


Guest Bathroom-This is our last major project.  As you can see it had a lot of wallpaper previously.  Sean and I have slowly worked on removing it.  We will paint it a plain white and accessorize it as a white and black bathroom.  This is the work in progress picture.  Our goal is to have it finished for Peyton's wedding since we will be hosting our whole family.  We have just over two months to accomplish that. :) 


Master Bedroom-First, let me ask you a question.  Would you want a window from your hallway looking into your master bedroom?  No?  Well, apparently the designers of this house thought it was a great idea.  This was Number 1 on our make over list.  In addition, our previous homeowner must have loved wallpaper because this room takes the cake.  We got rid of the wallpaper and the curtains and we LOVE our new paint color.  We want to replace the fan and will be accenting the room in a cranberry red. 





We feel exhausted with all the little upgrades that we have been doing to our house to make it a home.  We have great ideas for where we want our home to go but for now we will have to be patient in waiting for the right furniture and accessories to pop up.  When we see something we really love, then we'll snatch it up.  Until then, our house will be in an unfinished state.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks GREAT! And I remember that blanket on your guest bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the choices so far! And "they" say good things come to those who wait... I'm hoping that is true in the furniture department, too, because I'm taking the same approach with my house. But I think a work in progress is exciting! I am so happy for you both! Looks like it is shaping up to be more than just a cute house! What a lovely home!!!-Celeste

    ReplyDelete