Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finally a Blogger!

I wouldn't say I am the most advanced when it comes to technology. Sean is, of course, because of his interests and occupation. He may not have the latest stuff but he knows about it. Me, on the other hand, watched my 60-something mother get an iPod two years before I did and now she is up-to-date with an iPad, iPhone 4S, iTV and everything else i.

Blogging may not be the most advanced technology (t's been around for ages) and may not be the newest idea of communication (I guess Tweeting would fall under that) but I do feel satisfied that I am making a small step twoards being caught up with the rest of the technologically advanced world.

We've been wanting a blog where we can share stories and pictures of the things we are doing in our lives. Facebook has been great but sometimes you just want to explain a little more about the activities. I like being different and I really wanted a blog name that was fun and creative. I didn't want it to just be Heike and Sean Madsen. I had seen people's blogs where they have play on words with their last names. Nothing that we came up with was either good or what we did like was already taken.

Then one day I was fiddling around with HSM. When we were getting married many people commented that our new initials were going to be HSM. People thought that was funny since High School Musical was a big thing around that time. My brother uses adventures in his blog name so that is how I put HSM Adventures together. Sean liked it so I immediately jumped online to claim it. I do sort of think it sounds like a ship, but we don't mind.

That's our blog story and this is our life!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! :) It was fun to read about your trips and I can't wait to keep reading them!

    ReplyDelete