Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fourth of July

Celebrating the Fourth of July in Southern California is sort of anti-climatic.  Because of our dry environment fireworks are illegal.  There are a few community firework shows but they either are pretty expensive or you're really far away that the fireworks aren't impressive.  I decided I wanted a different experience.  I called up my parents and said, we're heading to Hanford for the Fourth!

I have a confession.  Growing up in Hanford I thought my town was a pretty boring, nothing special kind of place.  Now that I live somewhere else I realize just how really cool Hanford is.  Of course our first stop was Superior Dairy where we ordered a trip-tip sandwich and milkshakes.  I've bragged about Superior Dairy to my coworkers so when I told them I was going home for the fourth, they asked if I was going there.  One of them said she was tempted to drive up here to have the infamous ice cream.  I told her she wouldn't be disappointed.



You know how sometimes you think back on childhood memories of an event, movie or food and it is just the most amazing thing ever but then when you experience it as an adult its not like what you remember?  I was nervous this would be the case for the firework show.  I was wrong.  It was amazing.  Even Sean was impressed.  He liked it a lot and told me he could see us bringing our kids up here for a fun fourth experience.   We finished the night off with our own firework show.





No comments:

Post a Comment