Friday, June 6, 2014

Disneyland

You know those videos where the parents casually ask kids, what do you want to do today/for your birthday/this weekend?  And then the kids say wishfully, Disneyland.  Then the parent says, get in the car, we're going!  And then the kid cries they are so happy?  Yeah, Sean says he wants to do that with our kids.  I decided to do a test run and I did it to him.

My brother was so kind to give us two park hopper passes.  When I was casually asking Sean if he would be off on a day during the week he asked me why.  I then showed him the tickets.  I honestly wish I recorded it because he was just as happy as those kids.  He was a kid himself.  Needless to say, we were excited to go Disneyland.

It had been over a year since we'd gone and we planned to make the most of it.  We got there early, luckily the park opened later so traffic wasn't a problem.  We always try to do new things at the park, whether it is doing a new ride, attraction or restaurant.  We'd never been on Winnie the Pooh so that was one of our first.  Another one of my firsts was eating a Dole Whip and Sean had Bengal Tiger for the first time (even though he's seen me eat a ton of them).  We also hit up Innoventions which was Sean's first time.  They had a meet and greet with Captain America but Sean didn't want to wait in line.  I knew it wasn't Chris Evans but I thought it would have been fun.  We hit up almost all the big rides, some multiple times.  We even got a few rides in at California Adventure.  The Mater ride (my new favorite) was down which was very disappointing.  We had a long day but felt very satisfied.  There is nothing like a day spent at Disneyland.
I do not like the dropping feeling so it took a lot for me to do Splash Mountain

Winnie the Pooh, we may have been the only adults in line.

I really enjoy Space Mountain, but not standing in the 95 degree weather!

At Innoventions we were able to see the suits from the Iron Man movies.

We decided to splurge and ate at the Blue Bayou.  This is such a fun place to eat!

Indiana Jones

We really like the Racers.  We also really like the short single rider lines.

I was so disappointed that the Mater ride wasn't open.
We got to see a 10 minute sneak peak of Maleficent.  They even gave us horns.

Eating my Bengal Tiger.  Yum!

1 comment: