Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrity Sightings

When I tell people I live in LA they ask me if I've seen any celebrities.  I have . . . sort of.  Can you really count celebrity sightings when you see them at their place of employment -- the studio lots?

If so then I have seen Rob Lowe, Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter (my favorite story if you want to hear it sometime).  As cool as that is, what's even MORE cool is when you see celebrities out and about around town.  

I've seen four major celebrities during my time at the Children's Museum (Conan O'Brien, Michelle Williams, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck) but I think I now have officially surpassed that number with my time here in LA.  
My first "out and about" celebrity sighting was technically someone I didn't know.  We stopped at an In-n-Out in Torrance on our way back from the Long Beach Aquarium and Sean pointed out Wee-Man.  I had NO clue who that was but MANY people in the restaurant did.  He took many pictures and was very accommodating.  

My first celebrity of someone I actually knew was Jennifer Morrison.  She's not an A-lister by any means but if you watch Once Upon a Time (which I do) then it was a pretty cool sighting.  We saw her at Disneyland as she was heading to Club 33 (Sean literally ran into her).  FYI, she's pretty short.  I really wanted to ask for a picture but I totally chickened out.  I also felt bad that I only knew her character name and not her real name.  I couldn't really play the "I'm your biggest fan" card. 

The most random celebrity sighting was Jay Leno in one of his fancy cars.  We were driving down the 405 and we spotted this really cool old fashion car.  As we drove by Sean exclaimed, its Jay Leno!  What was funny was Jay was in the passenger seat, but we're pretty sure it was his own car.
The sun wasn't being our friend but you can recognize his distinguishable profile.  PS, check out the back seat passenger . . . what do you think he's doing?


We had friends who invited us to a Clippers game.  We got pretty sweet seats and we look in front of us and guess who we see!  Phil from Modern family.  He was really into the game.  Zendaya was also sitting in the row in front of us but she didn't catch my attention since I didn't know who she was.  I actually went into the bathroom with her and washed my hands next to her.  I looked at her thinking, you're only as famous as your fan base.  I could care less that I was in the bathroom with her but her fans probably would have died to be in my position.


At the end of the game Sean spotted Rick Fox.

My biggest celebrity sighting was when my sister and niece came to visit a couple of weeks ago.  My coworkers told me of a marionette show and I thought it would be perfect for my 4 year old niece.  It was kinda in a ghetto area and the theater was a bit run down but it was a unique experience.  At the end of the show they told us that they had free ice cream if we wanted to head over to the party room.  We were one of the last people to enter and I looked at the table in front of us and I spied her.  I turned to my sister and causally asked, is that Drew Barrymore?  My sister did a quick glance and said, yep.  Of course we sat strategically so we could see her and I snapped a picture of my sister and niece with Drew in the background.  She was super friendly and cute with her family.  They ended up leaving right after us so we saw them get into their car in the parking lot.  They drive a Honda Odyssey if you're wondering.  



I know the pictures not the clearest, but I didn't want to be too invasive.


Who will we see next?  You just never know!  They film a lot of shows in Santa Clarita including my favorite, NCIS.  I am still holding out that one day I will see Mark Harmon.  That would be an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment