Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's a Bird! It's a plane! It's a SPACE SHUTTLE!


 Endeavor made headlines a couple of weeks back and I was lucky enough to get some great shots of it.  I work at the Southwest Museum which is situated in a valley north of downtown making it an ideal location to see the shuttle as it headed through downtown.   

All I knew was the shuttle was suppose to be in LA around 11:30.  I didn't know exactly where.  A couple of coworkers and I went to the roof of our museum and stood in the blazing sun waiting.  We waited for about 20 minutes when two of my coworkers left.  They were done standing in the heat.  I was determined to see this thing.  I had called my brother in Burbank to see if he had seen it yet.  He said he was watching it on the TV and when it got close enough he would go outside.  Since I was not privy to a TV I asked him where they said it was.  He said it just left Santa Monica.  Literally when he said that I could see something through the haze downtown.  I got off the phone with him so I could get some good pictures with my camera.  It was really cool to see this big blob coming through the haze and circling downtown.  Then it headed towards us which I was not expecting and we got some great shots of it before it headed across the hills towards Burbank and Universal. 











No comments:

Post a Comment